Brandeis Precollege Online Health Program
Explore the medical and healthcare fields before college
If you have a passion for medicine, medical science, or healthcare and would like to explore these fields before college, here is your chance. These online courses focused on health sciences and medicine, designed for high school students ages 13 and up, have been created for this purpose. We offer exciting topics in the medical and healthcare fields, covered in-depth, through online coursework. Each course features engaging videos by Brandeis faculty and access to mentors. These courses are available year-round, and the online format lets you study anywhere, anytime at your own pace.
Multiple 2- and 4-week sessions.
For students ages 13+.
Current courses available:
Women's Health: Biology and Wellness
What makes women’s anatomy unique? What role does reproduction play? What about hormones, fertility, aging, and the particular diseases that affect women? Take a tour of women’s biology. Learn their hurdles to obtaining healthcare. If you’re interested in pre-med, STEM or the sciences, this course is for you.
Global Health: When the World Gets Sick
Why do some diseases spread worldwide, while others remain local? How do such illnesses affect economics, politics and human rights? What can you do to lobby for more effective and just treatment? This course offers a multi-faceted look at global health. If you are interested in medicine, STEM, or advocacy, you’ll want to be part of this course.
How You Will Benefit
- Online courses available throughout the year — pick a health course that fits your passion and your schedule
- Suitable for high school students ages 13 and up — so you can start exploring the field of medicine early on
- Experience what it’s like to take a course designed by Brandeis University professors while you’re still in high school
- Lessons by faculty are delivered through videos so that you can tune in whenever your schedule allows — the ultimate in flexibility
- Receive guidance from mentors that know the health and medicine fields to get the most out of your studies
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from Brandeis University
3 Learning Advantages Designed for You
All online courses culminate in a special project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you've learned in a presentation
- Get feedback from your mentors on your work
- Choose from a variety of medical topics covered in your course to show what you’ve learned
- Use any media you prefer— text, video, photography, PowerPoint
You’ll receive guidance from a mentor who can support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning experience. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments
- Inspiration, motivation and confidence to help you excel in your studies
- Brainstorming and ideation help as you prepare for your final project
- 100% online, works with your schedule
- Asynchronous: you’ll learn through engaging videos. Tune in anytime that works for you.
- 20 - 30 hours of total instruction and course work, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support from mentors
- Engage with fellow students online from around the world
How to Apply
It’s easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application will ask you to provide the following in English:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- Why you wish to take this course, and a bit of your story. You can tell us about yourself through writing, video, photos — any media you prefer.
NOTE: Please submit all application materials in English.
Begin the guided process. It should take only a few minutes of your time to answer the questions.Apply Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you be graded? What are assignments like? How much time do you get to turn around a project? When do you find out if you're accepted?Answers to Your Questions Here
Want to study on campus?
Brandeis University offers a variety of residential courses throughout the summer that allow Precollege students to engage in the rigors of academics at a world-class university, and join a vibrant community of people interested and engaged in some of the most pressing issues of our time.Learn More About On Campus Study
We offer need-based scholarships in each cohort to students exhibiting high potential who need assistance affording the associated cost. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven't applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn't fill out a scholarship request, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Are unsure about whether or not you applied for a scholarship, reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance.