California Residents: If you are a resident of the State of California you have additional privacy rights, which are explained here.
Information We Collect: Personal Data is any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. Your name, address and phone number are examples of Personal Data. We collect Personal Data that you choose to provide to us. For example, we collect Personal Data when you visit brandeis.precollegeprograms.org or another of our websites (“Sites”) and submit a form requesting additional information. We also collect Personal Data when you enroll and participate in the School’s Precollege Programs, answer surveys and participate in our social media communities.
If a parent, school or other third party purchases Precollege Programs on your behalf, such third parties may provide us with Personal Data about you, including your first name, last name and email address. We may also collect Personal Data about you from our business partners and third parties.
Use of Your Personal Data: We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- For the purpose you provided Personal Data, for example to enroll you in one of the School’s Precollege Programs or respond to a specific inquiry;
- To allow you access to the Precollege Programs in which you have enrolled and to post content and communicate with others;
- To customize and personalize your experience to you;
- To administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- To, where you have given your consent, if required by law:
--send you information about the School’s Precollege Programs;
--send you information about the School’s other programs, including higher education programs;
--send you information about the Precollege Programs of our other university partners that may be of interest to you;
--send you information about Kaplan products and services that may be of interest to you;
--deliver advertising to you through our trusted third party service providers, such as Facebook Custom Audiences or other similar business tools;
- And as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Mobile Devices, Phone Calls and SMS: If you provide us with a telephone number, you agree that we may contact you by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at such telephone number(s). You understand that this consent is not required to purchase goods or services from us.
Your Ability to Choose: If you do not wish to continue receiving emails from us about the School’s Precollege Programs, you may unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails and following directions. If you do not wish to continue receiving SMS messages from us, you may stop messages by replying “STOP” to any message. You may also direct us to stop marketing to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data: We share your Personal Data in the following limited circumstances:
- Parents/Guardians and Others Known to You: We may share your Personal Data with your parents/guardians. If payment for your Precollege Program was made by another third party, such as a grandparent, school, or sponsor, we may share your Personal Data with that third party as well. We may also share your Personal Data with others who you have specifically designated as authorized to receive information from us.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who are delivering services to us, including those who help deliver Precollege Programs, help us process transactions, such as charging your credit card when you make purchases, and otherwise help us operate our business. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Data except in connection with providing services to us. We may disclose pseudonymous data (such as IP address of device ID) to third party attribution services who help us recognize you across the multiple devices you may use to interact with us.
- Legal Matters & Safety: We may disclose your Personal Data in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime.
- The Kaplan Family of Companies: We may share your Personal Data with other companies within the Kaplan family of companies.
- Sale or Transfer of our Assets: If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your Personal Data to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
We do not disclose your Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Disclosure of Other Types of Data: We may disclose anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data to third parties.
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country: Your Personal Data will be held in the United States. Your Personal Data may also be stored, processed and accessed in other countries where Kaplan has facilities or where you are located. You consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside your country, including to the United States.
Security and Information Retention: We employ security measures to protect your information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. The Personal Data we obtain from students allows Kaplan to deliver smarter, more efficient and more effective instruction.
By mail: Kaplan Inc. 1515 W Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
By email: email@example.com
Rev. January 29, 2021